Re: [exim] "acl_not_smtp" ratelimit

Author: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] "acl_not_smtp" ratelimit
On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 03:32:11PM +0100, Mike Cardwell wrote:
> Dean Brooks wrote:
>
> >> ratelimit = 100 / 1d / leaky / $sender_ident
> >>
> >> It's a shame you can't tell ratelimit to increase by the value of
> >> $recipients_count rather than by the value of 1
> >
> > Actually, it is already built in to Exim (4.68) to handle this
> > properly.
> >
> > Any ratelimit function handled within the not_smtp ACL will increment
> > by the full recipient count instead of just 1.
> >
> > Search for the word "recipients_count" in acl.c and you'll see the
> > code that handles it. It only appears once in the acl.c source file
> > so it will take you right to it.
>
> Ah, that's brilliant. I can't see what you mean in acl.c, but I can't
> find any reference to it in the documentation. Am I being blind, or is
> this undocumented?

It's probably undocumented. I ran into the problem originally and
suggested the change, which is why I recognized your request so fast. ;)

Make sense that this would be the proper behavior though. per_rcpt
implies increment per each recipient, so I guess I can see why it
might not be clarified in the docs.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???