Re: [exim] "acl_not_smtp" ratelimit

Author: Exim Mailing List
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] "acl_not_smtp" ratelimit
On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 11:13:08AM +0100, Mike Cardwell wrote:
> Mike Cardwell wrote:
>
> > I want to ratelimit on a per recipient basis but in the "acl_not_smtp"
> > acl rather than the "acl_smtp_rcpt" acl.
> >
> > The documentation at
> > http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch40.html#ratoptmea
> > suggests to me that you can only ratelimit on a per_rcpt basis in
> > acl_smtp_rcpt. Is that correct?
>
> Ah. On second thoughts, this isn't really going to be possible. I want
> to measure on the value of $sender_ident so currently have:
>
> ratelimit = 100 / 1d / leaky / $sender_ident
>
> It's a shame you can't tell ratelimit to increase by the value of
> $recipients_count rather than by the value of 1

Actually, it is already built in to Exim (4.68) to handle this
properly.

Any ratelimit function handled within the not_smtp ACL will increment
by the full recipient count instead of just 1.

Search for the word "recipients_count" in acl.c and you'll see the
code that handles it. It only appears once in the acl.c source file
so it will take you right to it.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???