Re: [exim] configurability of spam scanning

Author: Renaud Allard
To: WJCarpenter
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] configurability of spam scanning

WJCarpenter wrote:
> I'm about to convert myself off the old, traditional way of scanning
> with SpamAssassin to the new ACL-based technique. The spec and the
> wiki are pretty good at describing how to set this up, but things seem
> a little light in the "how do I configure it" department.
>
> Q1: Is it possible to use something other than SA's spamd?
>
> Q2: Following the advice of always putting spam info into the headers,
> you get this confusing message for ham (see example below). So far, I
> have not found a way in exim or SA to alter what's in $spam_report.
> Is there a way? When I build up my own headers for spamd to add, I
> have a lot of control. I can probably get used to the basic form, but
> I really can't have the "probable spam" language for ham.

>      identified this incoming email as possible spam. The original message
>      has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or label
>      similar future email. If you have any questions, see
>      the administrator of that system for details.
>      [....]

You can edit the report, just edit /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

Something like this is nicer but you can put whatever you want:

clear_report_template
report " pts rule name              description"
report _SUMMARY_

--
010100100110010101101110011000010111010101100100
010000010110110001101100011000010111001001100100