Re: [exim] Fixing RDNS Instructions

Author: Jerry Jorgenson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Fixing RDNS Instructions

On MondayOct 8, 2007, at 8:55 AM, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Trying to get people to fix bad RDNS so I created a wiki page about
> it.
> Feel free to link to it or steal it. I'm sending messages back to the
> sending host with this link in it in the hopes that people might read
> their log files and find it.
>
> http://wiki.junkemailfilter.com/index.php/Fixing_Reverse_DNS

Any hints on how to get the ISP to fix their broken RDNS? Although I
run my own DNS server which correctly resolves the reverse ip-
addresses, out of the last four ISPs, I have had only one correctly
refer reverse DNS to my servers for the correct information--and that
only lasted for two or three months.

This ought to be a simple fix, but I have had little success.

Jerry

--
Jerry Jorgenson
jerry@???