Re: [exim] OT - Webmail options

Autor: Brent Jones
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] OT - Webmail options

Quoting WJCarpenter <bill-exim@???>:

>>> check roundcube. it was awesome.
>>>
>> Agree at full ...
>
> What is it that people find so awesome about RoundCube? I'm not
> trying to start an argument :-).
>
> We have it installed here side by side with SquirrelMail. There is
> no doubt that RC is much, much better looking than SM, and
> it has some very nice stuff, like drag-and-drop. But it also seems
> to be very basic in features compared to SM (some of the SM
> stuff comes from plugins, and the RC plugin mechanism isn't
> available yet). That's all fine since it's early days for RC, but
> it's more like something that *will be* awesome than something that
> *is* awesome.
>
> Am I missing something about RC? Is it actually awesome already and
> I'm just not paying attention? :-)

Lets start an argument, and I believe you're all wrong ;)
I manage Horde / IMP on several systems including my personal server.
Its feature set, navigation, and looks are all very professional.
If you have a extensible authentication backend, you can do some
impressive stuff such as quotas, automatic vacation messages, etc.
http://www.horde.org

Enjoy

Brent Jones