Re: [exim] Duplicate mail deliveries.

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Duplicate mail deliveries.
On 04/10/2007, Andrew Johnson <andrew.johnson@???> wrote:
> I didn't see it was useless, as the only chage was an IP address. I also
> disagree with the wiki page. Some of the systems I deal with contain
> protectively marked IP addresses which would be inappropriate to reproduced
> here - does that mean I shouldn't ask for help with Exim because I can't
> post my log lines in full ?

No, this issue needs treating with common sense. If you obfuscate
(either because you need to as you've pointed out, or because you feel
like it), then the quality of the support you get may suffer. Not
usually deliberately, but as a result of confusion and potential
obfuscation typos.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't post. But a note saying 'sorry about
the obfuscation, I've no choice' will help avoid an unnecessary
side-conversation.

Peter
(Moderator hat on)
($BIGCLIENT deals with UK govt secure email, so I know your problems)
(oops, shouldn't have said that - why is there a big bloke in a suit
approaching my desk.....)

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???