[exim] about installing and running exim

Author: esalinasr
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] about installing and running exim
Hi there, I'm just trying to install for the first time exim on Slackware
12 and I'm having some trouble.

A read about it and this is what i've got til now..

download a decompress..
tar -xzvf exim-4.68.tar.gz

copy src/EDITME to Local/Makefile

edit Local/Makefile and put

BIN_DIRECTORY=/usr/local/bin
CONFIGURE_FILE=/etc/exim/exim.conf
EXIM_USER=exim
EXIM_GROUP=exim
WITH_CONTENT_SCAN=yes

then type make a make install and it's done..

to probe I type exim -bV

and give me this error..
bash: exim: command not found

Now...I don't have any reference to exim on /etc/rc.d and I think that
why I have this error.. Do I have to create the script or what?

so I look the script or a HOW TO on the internet to startup Exim and I
don't find anyone that work with slackware.

other thing that come my attention is that I have only a exim.conf archive
on my /etc/exim... is that correct?

My english is not well as I want but I hope that you guy understand me.

my cuestion is... WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG!!!?????

can someone please help me????