Re: [exim] send mail to a script

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: TM Annie Kuo
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] send mail to a script
TM Annie Kuo <annie@???> (Mo 01 Okt 2007 21:54:28 CEST):
> Kieth, Heiko,
>
> Thank you for the replies. I'm on Linux (prtty sure it's CentOS).
>
> Heiko- Thanks. That's what I read in past emails. Can I do this with
> regular expressions (like unsubscribe-randomnumber*) instead of normal
> users (like mailman-unsubscribe)? Also, do I need to modify the
> exim.conf file then?

Ok, in your first mail you didn't ask for regular expressions :)

To achieve this you might need to change the exim.conf a bit (the
standard just does a linear search).

This should be the "standard" alias router:

    system_aliases:
      driver = redirect
      allow_fail
      allow_defer
      data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
    # user = exim
      file_transport = address_file
      pipe_transport = address_pipe

NOT TESTED (adopted from recommended Mailman integration):

    begin routers

    usubscribe:
      driver = accept
      local_parts = unsubscribe
      local_part_suffix = -*
      transport = unsubscribe

    begin transports

    unsubscribe:
      driver = pipe
      command = /path/to/mail/processor $local_part$local_part_suffix
      user = ...
      group = ...

--
Heiko