Re: [exim] Exim/Postfix once again

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim/Postfix once again
Hi Sascha,

Sascha E. Pollok <exim-users@???> (Di 02 Okt 2007 13:18:53 CEST):
> Good day folks,
>
> A user is using a multidrop box for his domain name. He picks this
> up using fetchmail and distributes it to several users. He is
> using the Envelope-To header to detect the recipients of the
> single e-mail and distributes it among local users at his server.
>
> In case an e-mail has multiple recipients, Exim does not add the
> "for" address in the Received header so he needs to rely on those
> Envelope-To header, which might be better anyway. He is now complaining
> that user's addresses who received the e-mail as a Bcc are leaked
> to other recipients because of the Envelope-To header.

I think, exim can't know if some of the recpient (it laters stuffs into
Envelope-To) were BCCs.

If fetchmail likes to rely on these headers they should stay untouched.

> analysing it might be a question for the Fetchmail folks (I would be
> happy about a hint anyway). Fetchmail manual however suggests that
> the MTA stores one e-mail per recipient in the box although it is
> actually the same box and adding proper Envelope-To or X-Envelope-To
> headers.

I do not know if you can ask exim to "explode" the message into single
ones (except some "loop" delivery to itself).

But you can refuse accepting more than one recipients per message in the
recpient acl. (Not sure, but it should work responding with "defer" to
all RCPTs, except the first one, of course).

(PS: Subject should be Exim/Fechmail?)

Greetings from Dresden, "up the river Labe" :)
--
Heiko