Re: [exim] Setting up Exim & Spamassassin on Debian

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Setting up Exim & Spamassassin on Debian
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 12:49:56 -0700 (PDT), Murf <spudulica@???>
wrote:
>Thanks for your reply. On further investigation, I found this in my
>"/etc/exim4/conf.d/main/02_exim4-config_options" file:
>
># Defines the access control list that is run when an
># SMTP DATA command is received.
>#
>.ifndef MAIN_ACL_CHECK_DATA
>MAIN_ACL_CHECK_DATA = acl_check_data
>.endif
>acl_smtp_data = MAIN_ACL_CHECK_DATA
>
>I assume that would do the same thing?

This sets the default. To change this, either change the file directly
or define MAIN_ACL_CHECK_DATA somewhere earlier.

>Is there any way I could improve my logging to see why email is not going
>through Spamassassin? I can never see anything referring to "spamd" in any
>of my logs, unless I manually "telnet localhost 783".

That does not look like your ACL is being executed. A possible way
would be to pass a message to exim -d 's standard input, or to run a
-d'ed SMTP listener.

And, please, do not top post.

Greetings
Marc