Re: [exim] Setting up Exim & Spamassassin on Debian

Author: Murf
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Setting up Exim & Spamassassin on Debian

Marc,

Thanks for your reply. On further investigation, I found this in my
"/etc/exim4/conf.d/main/02_exim4-config_options" file:

# Defines the access control list that is run when an
# SMTP DATA command is received.
#
.ifndef MAIN_ACL_CHECK_DATA
MAIN_ACL_CHECK_DATA = acl_check_data
.endif
acl_smtp_data = MAIN_ACL_CHECK_DATA

I assume that would do the same thing?

Is there any way I could improve my logging to see why email is not going
through Spamassassin? I can never see anything referring to "spamd" in any
of my logs, unless I manually "telnet localhost 783". Then I do see:

spamd: connection from localhost [127.0.0.1] at port *

In my syslog. However all email just comes straight through without any
such entries occuring. Email headers bear no traces of having being
scanned.

Cheers,

Andy.