Re: [exim] Make permanent error temporary?

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Make permanent error temporary?
Philip Hazel wrote:

>> What I'd like to have is a temporary fix. This would also prove to the
>> client that open source is far superior to closed source.
>
> It is. You have the source. You can add, or pay someone else to add, any
> modifications that you like. You can't do that with closed source.

Do a search for "/* The response was 5xx */" in "src/transports/smtp.c"

That will tell you what happens if a 5xx is returned, and underneath
that will tell you what happens if a 4xx is returned. It's only a very
small amount of code. All you need to do is make the 4xx section run
instead of the 5xx section, and you have the error code and human
readable message available to play with.

Mike