Re: [exim] relay_domains not being honored?

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] relay_domains not being honored?
On 20/09/2007, Darren Jacobs <dhj@???> wrote:
> I'm getting a "relay not permitted" error on RCPT of a mail message I
> send from my workstation to a foreign destination via my exim 4.68
> server.
>
> The mail is catching on the section in exim.conf:
>
> --
>   require message = relay not permitted
>           domains = +local_domains : +relay_domains
> --

> I've put the domain of the workstation I'm testing from into the
> "domainlist relay_domains =" directive but I'm still getting the
> "relay not permitted" message dropped in my log. Also added it to
> local_domains but still couldn't get past the above domain check.

In the default config, relay_domains and local_domains are tested as
destination domains. So adding the domain of the workstation sending
the mail isn't going to do very much. There's a hostlist called
relay_from_hosts that would be a better place to put the hostname or
IP of the workstation if you want to allow relay access from there.

If you don't have a default config, you'll need to post what you do have.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???