[exim] Exim - Postfix Strange Behaviours

Author: Gabriel Marais
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim - Postfix Strange Behaviours
Hi Guys

Not sure where the problem might be exactly, but here is the scenario. We have a Postfix, MailScanner server that filters mail and passes it onto an Exim server for local delivery.

On the Postfix server, as soon as a mail comes in with multiple recipients (10 or more) it just hangs in the queue. The error message on the Exim logs come through as

2007-09-21 09:16:36 SMTP connection from (x.x.x.x) [x.x.x.x] lost while reading message data (header)

Error logs on the Postfix server comes through as

Sep 21 09:22:32 filter01 postfix/qmgr[4132]: 9F8413FC46F: to=<xxx@???>, relay=none, delay=13, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: conversation with x.x.x.x[x.x.x.x] timed out while sending MAIL FROM)

This only happens for mail with multiple recipients, any and all other mails are going through just fine.

I found a article by Tony Finch here, http://fanf.livejournal.com/74849.html, which seems to be somewhat similar to my problem, but can't seem to find a definate answer from wither Postfix not Exim.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

GabrielFrom exim-users@??? Fri Sep 21 08:28:24 2007