[exim] Exclude recipient from wildcard

Author: Peter Thomassen
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exclude recipient from wildcard
Hi,

I have set up an additional router that determines the target mailbox by
looking up an alias file using lsearch*.

The fallback wildcard alias is defined as *:peter. The idea was to route
every recipient (in local_domains) that doesn't have its own alias to my
mailbox.

Unfortunately, the recipients that are being routed to a particular user
(root!) are finally also routed to peter, obviously because the wildcard
alias is greedy and also catches all other users.

The question now is: How do I define a "catch-rest" wildcard that does not
affect any recipients that are processed otherwise?

Thank you,
Peter