Re: [exim] Retry Interval on Exim 4.6

Author: Ted Cooper
To: 'Exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [exim] Retry Interval on Exim 4.6
Matt wrote:
> I have this in exim.conf
>
> begin retry
>
> *                      quota       F,1h,30m
> *                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,8h

> My understanding if I send a message to another server that is
> greylisting and it receives a temporary failure it should retry in 15
> minutes, not? Why isn't it?
>
> The grey listing email server gives this after RCPT TO: "450 Delivery
> delayed temporarily (#4.7.1)" when my exim server trys to send email
> to it.
>
> My exim server only seems to retry about every 10 hours according to
> logs. Why is that?
>
> The grey listing servers database of greylisted attempts is only kept
> for 4 hours so when only retrying every 10-15 hours the message NEVER
> gets through.
>
> Matt

Are you running queue runners on exim? ie do you start exim with "exim
-bd -q10m" or something similar?

Does your retry log have something like the following in it?
2007-09-20 10:19:31 Start queue run: pid=31594
2007-09-20 10:19:31 End queue run: pid=31594

Are there any logs of the event we can look at?

What happens when you force the queue are 10 minutes? "exim -v -qff"

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html