Re: [exim] Direct lookups on an RBL

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Direct lookups on an RBL
On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 11:37 +0100, Phil (Medway Hosting) wrote:
> I used 6 RBL's as total blocks on my servers. I want to be able to have one of those (2 actual zones) do "direct lookups" instead of using normal DNS processes while the other 4 function normally. Is this possible please ? (List names changed to "someblacklist.com" below).

When you say "direct lookups", what do you mean?

If you mean "query them directly via DNS lookup instead of using my
system's configured resolver", then you'll have to setup a local
forwarder or replica for those zones (hint: not using Exim :-]) and then
point your system resolver at that.

If you mean something else... what is it?

Graeme