Re: [exim] Mail to All users in my domain

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mail to All users in my domain
On Wednesday 12 September 2007 09:40, Adrian Chapela wrote:
> I want to know if exists something group or rule to send a message to an
> address and then re-send this message to all users of a domain. I want
> to make a rule to accept this message only from one IP. Could be this
> possible ??

You mean you want a particular address to be an alias for all addresses in a
domain, like "everybody@??? -> adam@???, bea@???,
carl@???, ...", except that everybody@??? is only recognized
if the mail comes from a particular IP address?

That can be done, but you need to somehow tell Exim who "all users" are. How
to do that depends on how you currently define valid users. A simple example
for a database setup:

everybody_router:
  driver = redirect
  condition = ${if match_ip{$sender_host_address}{127.0.0.1:192.168.42.17}}
  local_parts = everybody
  data = ${lookup mysql{SELECT username FROM user INNER JOIN domain \
                                          ON user.domain = domain.id \
                         WHERE domain.name = '${quote_mysql:$domain}'}}

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)