Re: [exim] increase in smtp concurrency

Author: John Horne
To: Exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] increase in smtp concurrency
On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 14:56 +0100, Chris Edwards wrote:
> Anyone else noticing more concurrent incoming SMTP connections in last
> couple of weeks ?

May I ask do you mean concurrent as in from the same sending host, or
simply that you are receiving more connections generally than usual?

> Perhaps it's time to switch our DNSBL etc tests from "deny" to "drop" mode.
> Is there any obvious downside to this ? Do most folk use drop already ?

I've been running one of our mailhubs with a 'drop' instead of 'deny'
for the past few days. No problems reported.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839