Re: [exim] NUL characters in headers?

Author: Heiko Schlichting
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] NUL characters in headers?
Hi,

> I am using Cyrus for mailboxes and Exim 4.67 to deliver mail.
> There was a problem with NUL characters in messages body:
> when Exim tried to deliver it to Cyrus mailbox, Cyrus rejected
> the message with "554 5.6.0 Message contains NUL characters" reply.

This is a misleading error message of Cyrus which not only happens if the
message contains NUL chars but also if the message contains lines longer
than Cyrus internal buffer size. Should be fixed in recent Cyrus versions.
As it is a Cyrus problem, this is the wrong list to discuss this in detail.
Have a look at the Cyrus mailing list. There are several threads about this
error message in the past years.

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting        | Freie Universität Berlin
heiko@???       | Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung (ZEDAT)
Telefon +49 30 838-54327 | Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327 | 14195 Berlin