Re: [exim] SSL Certificate for secure POP/SMTP

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SSL Certificate for secure POP/SMTP
Don O'Neil <lists@???> (Do 06 Sep 2007 23:30:46 CEST):
> My comodo certificate seems to be working... I'm using Dovecot for the pop3
> interface, which had a specific entry for the CA Authoirty, whereas I
> cannot seem to find anything like that in Exim (postfix has a CA authority
> setting too).

If I'm not wrong it should be tls_verify_certificates.

> Although it seems to be working, shouldn't I need to set the CA authority
> for exim? If so, what is the command? I don't see anything in the docs.

You need a list of valid CAs if you're going to *check* the other sides
certificates. For just encrypted SMTP it's not needed.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -