Re: [exim] Laying out a spamtrap

Top Pagina
Auteur: Phil \(Medway Hosting\)
Aan: Exim Users List
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Laying out a spamtrap

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeroen van Aart" <kroshka@???>
To: <exim-users@???>
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 10:06 PM
Subject: Re: [exim] Laying out a spamtrap

> It's kind of blurry. If there would some kind of "official" amount which
> can be called bulk, then staying 1 email below that amount couldn't be
> called spam. Not giving an amount would make it highly debatable and
> subjective as to what you would call bulk. If bulk is anything more than
> 1, then sending an job application email and cc'ing to someone can be
> called spam... etc.

Ah - but would that be unsolicited ? You can have mail that is bulk but
solicited (e.g. this list) - that's not spam. You can have mail that is not
bulk but unsolicited (e.g. someone sends you an email because of a typo) -
that's not spam either. If someone sends loads of individual mails where the
main part of the content is not the same in each (and by content I do NOT
mean random text some spammers use) then that's not spam either. Besides -
if someone says on their website "send us your CV" then that's solicited.
But back to your point - more than 1 email that is substantially the same to
someone who did not give permission for it is spam.

All the best

Phil

All the best

Phil

Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965

Digital & Traditional Printing, and much more
www.medwayprint.com - +44 (0)1634 281199