Re: [exim] Multiple SSL certificates

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Multiple SSL certificates
Michiel (Eduwijs B.V) <michiel@???> (Do 06 Sep 2007 11:57:05 CEST):
> Yes, that what I mean. They resolve to 1 IP address. Something like
> Apache with virtual domains. It can see the hostname the user used to
> connect to the server, although I think that's part of the HTTP protocol
> though. Does Exim not have a variable, with the hostname the user used
> to connect with the server?

SMTP doesn't have such protocol item. And even worse: Virtual Hosting
for SSL requires one IP address per virtual web (HTTPS) server too.

Since the Host:-Header is sent *after* setup of SSL. So the SSL client
needs to see the server cert *before* it has a chance to send the
Host:-header.

Same *would* be for SMTP if it *would* have such protocol extension.

You can configure a bunch of alias IPs and then select the certs via
$interface_address and some lookup (if the tls_* options are expanded, but I'd
suppose they are).

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -