Re: [exim] Laying out a spamtrap

Author: Darton Williams
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Laying out a spamtrap
On 9/6/07, Mike Cardwell <exim-users@???> wrote:

> It's not spam if you sign up for it.

It is if you sign up with a company that already spams. That's why the
sketchier the company, the better. The best are those companies that
aggregate advertising; all they really do is sell your address to
spammers.

> If you do that, make sure you are absolutely certain that the terms and
> conditions that you sign up to, prevent them from emailing you for *any*
> reason, and prevent them from selling on your details to others.

That's the point, if it's a spam trap, you want them to sell it to
others. That's how you get on the spammers' lists. Of course you
wouldn't give them any *real* details.

--
Regards,

Darton