Re: [exim] Laying out a spamtrap

Author: admin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Laying out a spamtrap
Hello Darton,

> The best way I've found is to fill out as many "free offer" and other
> advertising gimmick forms as you can find on the web. The sketchier
> the company, the better. Google something like multi-level marketing
> and you're sure to find some.

I found this one to be the most effective, if tedious - I got some
spams in a trap literally within minutes from subscribing to MLM
sites.

I also used another simple solution I simply overlooked before: fish
out the sender addresses from SA-rated mail and send mail from the
trap address to all of those addresses. Easy and quick (I sent over
25000 emails in a few minutes this way), but though I initiated quite
a spamflow to another trap this way, the "spampower" of it was weak -
none of them made it past the RBLs and sender verify.

It's a strange day when I get disappointed with effectiveness of spam.
:-)

Regards,
Marcin Krol