Re: [exim] Multiple SSL certificates

Top Pagina
Auteur: Bernd Jendrissek
Aan: Michiel (Eduwijs B.V)
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Multiple SSL certificates

Michiel (Eduwijs B.V) wrote:
> Yes, that what I mean. They resolve to 1 IP address. Something like
> Apache with virtual domains. It can see the hostname the user used to
> connect to the server, although I think that's part of the HTTP
> protocol though.

Yes, and by the time Apache can see the HTTP data, it has to have
already set up an SSL channel, so it too needs a distinct IP address for
each secure domain that it serves.

> Does Exim not have a variable, with the hostname the user used to
> connect with the server?

Not possible. SMTP simply doesn't have a mechanism for the client to
tell the server what FQDN it resolved before connecting to your server.
Why can't you have users connect to the same FQDN, the one that is the
CN of the certificate?