Re: [exim] Multiple SSL certificates

Top Pagina
Auteur: Graeme Fowler
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Multiple SSL certificates
On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 11:57 +0200, Michiel (Eduwijs B.V) wrote:
> Yes, that what I mean. They resolve to 1 IP address. Something like
> Apache with virtual domains. It can see the hostname the user used to
> connect to the server, although I think that's part of the HTTP protocol
> though. Does Exim not have a variable, with the hostname the user used
> to connect with the server?

No. It isn't part of the SMTP protocol.

With a webserver, the client sends a "Host: foo.bar.com" request header
(for HTTP/1.1 requests) which the server uses to determine the virtual
host being called.

SMTP does not have an analogous definition. And even if it did, you
couldn't use multiple certificates on the same IP address - you can't
with a webserver, either; the request must be decoded to determine the
Host: header, and this means the certificate must already be selected by
the server. Catch-22, and a well-known one.

Graeme