[pcre-dev] Used Cmake

Autor: Sheri
A: Daniel Richard G., pcre-dev
Assumptes vells: Re: [pcre-dev] Kudos on PCRE 7.2...
Assumpte: [pcre-dev] Used Cmake
Daniel Richard G. wrote:
> On Sun, 2007 Sep 02 18:54:41 -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
>
>> OK, so the CMake build environment is not ready and the users of pcre
>> currently can only use the autotools build?
>>

> The CMake system is usable, but there are some corner cases / robustness
> issues that need to be addressed. Sheri also encountered some trouble
> installing CMake itself, which I'll have to try to reproduce.
>
> Certainly the CMake system is working in *my* environment, and it should
> work for anyone already using CMake for building KDE et al. But of
> course, I'm quite aware that the system needs to be [a little more]
> bulletproof for first-time users like Sheri, given that CMake is not yet
> universally deployed and used.
>

> --Daniel

I successfully tested a 7.3 library built via Cmake with our app, but it
had no affect on the failure of callouts.

I added this to the CMakeLists.txt file and was able to create dll files
named pcre.dll and pcreposix.dll:

SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(pcre pcreposix
                        PROPERTIES PREFIX ""
)

I put it just after this bit:

#===========================
# Libraries

ADD_LIBRARY(pcre ${PCRE_HEADERS} ${PCRE_SOURCES})

ADD_LIBRARY(pcreposix ${PCREPOSIX_HEADERS} ${PCREPOSIX_SOURCES})
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(pcreposix pcre)
#===========================

Also added and used ANYCRLF as a valid newline (which sets the value to -2)

Wasn't able to figure out how to add the .coff files in as additional
objects for linking (or how to get the .coff files autogenerated from
the .rc source) but otherwise the build went fine.

With the configure process I can currently run a few extra commands to
relink (and name) the libraries and link in the coff, so the that
process is still preferable for me at this point. But the Cmake process
is friendlier and faster.

Regards,
Sheri