Re: [pcre-dev] Kudos on PCRE 7.2...

Autor: Daniel Richard G.
A: pcre-dev
Assumptes nous: [pcre-dev] Used Cmake
Assumpte: Re: [pcre-dev] Kudos on PCRE 7.2...
On Sun, 2007 Sep 02 18:54:41 -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:

> OK, so the CMake build environment is not ready and the users of pcre
> currently can only use the autotools build?

The CMake system is usable, but there are some corner cases / robustness
issues that need to be addressed. Sheri also encountered some trouble
installing CMake itself, which I'll have to try to reproduce.

Certainly the CMake system is working in *my* environment, and it should
work for anyone already using CMake for building KDE et al. But of
course, I'm quite aware that the system needs to be [a little more]
bulletproof for first-time users like Sheri, given that CMake is not yet
universally deployed and used.

--Daniel