Re: [exim] Verifying rcpt exists before greylisting

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Verifying rcpt exists before greylisting
On Sunday 02 September 2007 23:31, Peet Grobler wrote:
> In the acl_check_rcpt ACL, I'd like to deny any incoming message that is
> sent to an unknown user on our domain. Now, we do virtual-exim hosting,
> we're running a couple of domains, each with a file called
> /etc/virtual/$domain. The file contains entries such as:
> user: account@localhost
> user2: account2@localhost
>
> Is there any way to do this? How would I go about doing it? I've tried
> with "!verify = recipient", but turns out this just denies *all* mail
> sent to the box.

We need more details to be able to figure out what you've tried to do. For
starters, what does your virtual domain router look like and what does your
acl_smtp_rcpt ACL look like? What parts of the specification have you read,
what did you understand and what did you not understand?

!verify = recipient doesn't say anything on its own. It makes sense in a deny
statement, but that statement won't be obeyed if an earlier statement has
already determined the fate of the message. It should never, by itself, cause
*all* mail to be rejected, unless the routers have no_verify set or
something.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)