[pcre-dev] Newline sequences

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: pcre-dev
Assumpte: [pcre-dev] Newline sequences
This concerns Sheri's request for something to match ASCII newlines only
(CR, LF, or CRLF). I've had some feedback from the Perl folks, and they
don't like it. In fact, they aren't all that happy about \R, though I
hope they won't withdraw that (it is recommended by the Unicode folks).
Apart from anything else, there are few \ combinations left.

What I propose to do, Sheri, is to add an option that changes what \R
means. I think that's the safest way forward. It can be a bit option,
and also one that can be set inside the regex, like I've made the
newline options. I think that's the best I can do.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.