Re: [pcre-dev] BAD name PCRE_STATIC

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Robert Wishlaw
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] BAD name PCRE_STATIC
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Robert Wishlaw wrote:

> As an exercise in understanding PCRE, I am going to redo the Win32 declspecs

Take care. There was previous discussion on this list about this. The
issue that has to be addressed is that files like pcre.h are used in two
different circumstances: (1) When building PCRE, they need to specify
"export" but (2) when building an application that calls PCRE, they need
to specify "import". Previously this wasn't always right - and even when
pcre.h was fixed, I forgot about pcreposix.h.

As a non-Windows programmer, I am, of course mind-boggled by all this
jiggery-pokery. :-)

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.