Re: [pcre-dev] BAD name PCRE_STATIC

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Robert Wishlaw
CC: PCRE
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] BAD name PCRE_STATIC
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Robert Wishlaw wrote:

> I had not added the define PCRE_STATIC to my build because I was not
> building a STATIC library, I was building a DLL, so I assumed,
> incorrectly, that the STATIC in PCRE_STATIC referred to a STATIC library.
>
> When looking at the declspec defines I thought Richard Daniel had got it
> backwards until I realized that the PRCE_STATIC define had to be used when
> building a DLL but not when building a STATIC library.

I can't claim to understand much about Windows (a system I have never
used), but the comment in config.h says

/* Define if linking statically (TODO: make nice with Libtool) */
/* #undef PCRE_STATIC */

... which disagrees with your conclusion.

(Incidentally, which PCRE release?)

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.