Re: [pcre-dev] Bug Report: pcre-7.3-RC8 pcre_chartables

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Robert Wishlaw
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Bug Report: pcre-7.3-RC8 pcre_chartables
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Robert Wishlaw wrote:

> I am using the Pelle's C compiler on Windows XP.
>
> The pcre_chartables.c produced by dftables.exe differs at line 146
>
> 0xfe,0xff,0xff,0xff,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,
>
> when compared to the pcre_chartables.c.dist at the corresponding line 151
>
> 0xff,0xff,0xff,0xff,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,

I am quite sure, without even doing any checking, that that is simply a
result of the different character codes in the different environments.
The .dist version is generated on Linux in a "C" environment.

The difference seems to be that character 0 is not listed as a "control"
character in Windows.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.