Re: [exim] wildlsearch bug?

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: Exim Users List
New-Topics: [exim] Piping message in ACL DATA
Subject: Re: [exim] wildlsearch bug?
Dave Evans wrote:

>>> As indeed it says in the spec.
>> Where does it say that? I can't see it...
>
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch09.html#SECTsinglekeylookups
> (then down a few pages...)

So it does. You sent this response to my personal address instead of to
the list by accident.

> wildlsearch or nwildlsearch: These search a file linearly, like lsearch, but
> instead of being interpreted as a literal string, each key in the file may be
> wildcarded. The difference between these two lookup types is that for
> wildlsearch, each key in the file is string-expanded before being used, whereas
> for nwildlsearch, no expansion takes place.
>
> Like lsearch, the testing is done case-insensitively. However, keys in the file
> that are regular expressions can be made case-sensitive by the use of (-i)
> within the pattern. The following forms of wildcard are recognized:

One to remember that. Regular expressions are case sensitive pretty much
everywhere, except wildlsearch. Including grep, Apache rewrite rules,
Perl, Exim's match/sg expansions etc etc.

Mike