Re: [exim] wildlsearch bug?

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] wildlsearch bug?
Dave Evans wrote:

>> However, and here's what I think is a bug. Wildlsearch seems to be case
>> insensitive when doing regex matches:
> As indeed it says in the spec.

Where does it say that? I can't see it...

I find it a little odd that regular expressions are case sensitive by
default everywhere except when using wildlsearch... If this has to
remain the case, could this information be put somewhere more promenant
in the documentation, as this bug actually bit me.

>> root@clayman:~# echo -ne '\N^(?-i)[a-z]+$\N' > test
>> root@clayman:~# exim4 -be
>> '${lookup{FOO}wildlsearch{/tmp/test}{true}{false}}'
>> true
>> root@clayman:~#
>
> Returns false for me (4.63). Are you sure that your 'test' file is the same
> file as '/tmp/test' ? Your '~' prompt would suggest otherwise.

You're correct. I started off in /root/ and then fell back to /tmp/ when
I realised exim couldn't access files in /root/. Seems I buggered up
there in my testing. So at least I have a solution now, but still...
case insensitive by default? Wrong imo...

Mike