Re: [exim-dev] [WL 413 & 343] An exim ACL called when the SM…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Ted Cooper
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] [WL 413 & 343] An exim ACL called when the SMTP connection ends without QUIT
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, Ted Cooper wrote:

> This patch is not final, it needs some pointers/input.

FYI: I have finally got to this and am in the process of implementing
it, with a few tidies, but mostly as is.

> I should revisit smtp_handle_acl_fail in smtp_in.c and see if I can
> more closely tie in the exit acl instead of its present implementation
> where the user_msg and log_msg are not used.

I don't think that is necessary. Control gets there only when another
ACL has obeyed "drop" - and *its* user_msg and log_msg have been used.
It is, I think, easiest just to document this.

> I want to blacklist the "delay" term from being used in the acl as it's
> completely useless and may screw things over as this acl is called
> during a number of signal handlers.

That should be possible.

> I also added the QUIT ACL being called in one extra place where I
> thought it should be, just for completeness.

Good point.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.