Re: [exim] Small feature request - fallback_hosts

Autor: Marc Perkel
A: Exim Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Small feature request - fallback_hosts

Dean Brooks wrote:

>>> No, try once every hour for a minute.
>>>

>> But that still puts it in the queue. That's why I made the original
>> request to discard instantly after a try because I don't want any
>> queueing at all on this server. I want it to try only once and give up.
>>

> There's really no way I can think of to prevent Exim from at least
> creating a spool file at least for a very short period of time.
>
> However, one alternative would be to add a condition on your router
> that says:
>
>    condition = ${if first_delivery}

> The second time the message is processed, regardless of the retry
> time, the router will pass and will presumably hit the end of your
> list of routers and fail.
>
> --
> Dean Brooks
> dean@???

Thanks Dean - that's what I'm doing now however this is a very high
volume server processing about 20 million messages a day. I have the
entire spool in ram and that helps but if there were no spooling at all
I think it would be able to keep up.