Re: [exim] Enabling .forward files - everything looks OK?

Autor: Rich Sage
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Enabling .forward files - everything looks OK?

> > Everything
> > looks OK according to the forums I've read, but I still get a "550
> > Unrouteable address" message back on testing it.

> What does the exim log say about this delivery? What happens with a
> test with 'exim -bt' ? There will be clues there.

As a quick test:
> knownworkingalias@???

knownworkingmbox@???   [duplicate, would not be delivered]
    <-- knownworkingalias@???
    <-- knownworkingalias@???
  router = virtual_user, transport = virtual_userdelivery

which is fine and as expected. Testing the problematic email address gives:

> eventinformation.123@???

eventinformation.123@??? is undeliverable:
Unrouteable address

The log simply returns similar to the above, obviously it matches the
recipient but then I have the Unrouteable address message as the reason why
delivery failed.

> I've attached my current exim.conf file if anybody can shed some light on
> this - it should theoretically be a standard WHM configuration file but
> I've
> not found any information after scouring Google on enabling .forward files
> specifically for WHM/cPanel.

> Do you not have support for the software environment you're running?
> The exim config you're using is far from standard, and the best place
> to get help with it is from the people who wrote it, or perhaps the
> people to whom you pay money to use it.

Appreciated :) I've raised a ticket with them and am waiting for a response
back. Previous experience seems to suggest that they're not the best with
non-standard configuration files, however I shall wait and see...

Thanks for your help,

Rich