Re: [exim] Preventing TXT lookups after successful acl modif…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Phil \(Medway Hosting\)
A: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [exim] Preventing TXT lookups after successful acl modifier dnslists processing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ted Cooper" <eximX1211@???>
To: <Exim-users@???>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: [exim] Preventing TXT lookups after successful acl modifier
dnslists processing

> After a quick look at the source, I think I can say that the default
> query is all done with a single TXT query. There is no separate query to
> see if it exists and then another to check the TXT record.

I have my own local dnsbl (using wrblnsd). Certainly from the rbl end it
appears that Exim does in fact make 2 queries, but the TXT query is
unnecessary most of the time (when a lookup returns NXDOMAIN), so unless
your lookups are more than say 20% positive, it's hardly going to save much
bandwidth - my point being, is it worth the effort anyway ?

All the best

Phil

Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965

Digital & Traditional Printing, and much more
www.medwayprint.com - +44 (0)1634 281199