Re: [exim] 30,000+ email accounts

Autor: Oliver C. Polterauer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] 30,000+ email accounts
Hi,

Well we use for authentication LDAP as a backend and store there
several values, you can use any other DB backend as well, but I think
a strait-forward LDAP always will perform faster...

Nas-Server:nas-xx
by the provisioning system.

The Setup is actually very simple:

The frontends do all the Routing/Scanning/Blocking whatever stuff and
deliver the mails to the backend (if local delivery) via NFS. We just
started to implement LMTP between the frontends and backends. The
backends then use the nas-path for delivery.

For POP3/IMAP4 as mentioned before by Craeme use perdition on the
frontends and your favorite pop3/imap4 server running on the backend.
Perdition uses the Nas-Server to establish the connection to the
backend.

This setup works fine for us for about 200k users and growing. The
real good thing about this setup is, you can easily add more
frontends and backends

atime is very important - and directory hash tuning will also help

Oliver