Re: [exim] Solaris 10 exim startup xml script failure

Author: B. Johannessen
To: John Horne
CC: Exim users
New-Topics: Re: [exim] Solaris 10 exim startup xml script failure
Subject: Re: [exim] Solaris 10 exim startup xml script failure
John Horne wrote:
> Has anyone used the Exim startup script for Solaris 10 as given in the
> wiki: http://wiki.exim.org/Solaris10Smf

[snip]
> As can be seen it seems that at the time of starting exim the file
> system is read-only, and so nothing can be written to any log files.
> Hence exim stops.

Try adding the following two dependencies just after the
<single_instance/> element:

   <dependency
    name='fs-local'
    grouping='require_all'
    restart_on='none'
    type='service'>
    <service_fmri value='svc:/system/filesystem/local' />
   </dependency>

   <dependency
    name='network-service'
    grouping='require_all'
    restart_on='none'
    type='service'>
    <service_fmri value='svc:/network/service' />
   </dependency>

That's what we've been using for more then a year. If it solves your
problem, you shpuld probably update the Wiki :-)

    Bob