Re: [exim] Unroutable address when bouncing a message to a v…

Autor: Ted Cooper
A: Exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Unroutable address when bouncing a message to a virtual user
Jürgen Herz wrote:
> On 2007-07-22 15:32, Ted Cooper wrote:
>> Jürgen Herz wrote:
>>> So what can I do to check for virtual user as recipient for a bounced
>>> message?
>> Get rid of your dependence on an acl_c_xxxx variable in determining a
>> valid address.
>
> The result of the ldap lookup is used in some acl as well as the router
> and transporter. So I thought I save requests to the ldap server and
> source it out to a single place.

I believe LDAP queries are cached if they are identical but you would
have to verify this.

>> Either make your current router smart enough to be able to make that
>> determination on its own, or split it up into 2 different routers.
>
> Sorry, but I don't see how that helps. What I think I need is to
> recognize if the message the router is handling is a bounced one, no?

Nope, not particularly. It just needs to be able to determine on it's
own whether the recipient is real or not without executing your RCPT ACL
(or where you have set your variable)

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html