Re: [exim] Sending mail from NAT-ed network

Author: Frank S. Bernhardt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sending mail from NAT-ed network

D. Dante Lorenso wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm running Exim for a local network which uses a fake TLD like
> "domain.dev" for development. This machine sends emails to the root
> user about system maintenance, etc. I set up /etc/aliases to forward
> that mail to a real mailbox on the corporate network:
>
>     root: dante@???

> But the "domain.com" mail server is configured to check the sender
> address and finds that the mail is coming from root@??? and
> rejects the mail. How can I send mail from my development network to
> the production network and bypass this check easily?
>
> Do I need to whitelist the domain.dev or something to bypass the ACL
> checks? How is this done normally? Anyone else have a similar setup to
> mine?

Can't you just add the domain.dev to local domain list?

Example:

domainlist local_domains = domain.com : domain.dev : localhost

Cheers.
begin:vcard
fn:Frank Bernhardt
n:Bernhardt;Frank
org:b.c.s.i.
adr:;;14 Halton Court;Markham;ON;L3P 6R3;Canada
email;internet:frank@???
title:President
tel;work:905-471-1691
tel;fax:905-471-3016