[exim] Sending mail from NAT-ed network

Author: D. Dante Lorenso
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Sending mail from NAT-ed network
All,

I'm running Exim for a local network which uses a fake TLD like
"domain.dev" for development. This machine sends emails to the root
user about system maintenance, etc. I set up /etc/aliases to forward
that mail to a real mailbox on the corporate network:

    root: dante@???

But the "domain.com" mail server is configured to check the sender
address and finds that the mail is coming from root@??? and
rejects the mail. How can I send mail from my development network to
the production network and bypass this check easily?

Do I need to whitelist the domain.dev or something to bypass the ACL
checks? How is this done normally? Anyone else have a similar setup to
mine?

-- Dante