[exim] What's the status of "verify = helo" for a host not l…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Toralf Lund
A: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: [exim] What's the status of "verify = helo" for a host not listed in helo_try_verify_hosts?
Another "clever" thing I did to my ACLs yesterday, was to remove

"accept +relay_hosts"

from the HELO check ACL, because I also had

"accept verify = helo"

and I knew that helo_try_verify_hosts contained "! +relay_hosts", and I
thought that "verify = helo" would be true for hosts not checked at all.
Which, it turned, would cause all messages from relay_hosts to be
rejected, since I later in the sequence "deny" all hosts that claim to
be one of the hosts in "relay_hosts" (which they can't really be, if all
of those are already accepted...)

So, what is expected to happen for the above "accept" statement? Is
"verify = helo" true or false for a host that isn't checked at all. And
how about

"warn !verify = helo"

which I do in the RCPT ACL? Based on my tests, it would seem like
"verify = helo" was true in the 1st context, and "!verify = helo" in the
2nd, which doesn't make sense. But if someone can tell me what the
expected behaviour is (I'm afraid I'm not able to deduce this based on
what I read in the docs...)

BTW, I know that "helo_try_verify_hosts" will no longer be required once
I get around to installing the newest Exim, but I'm thinking that it may
still be good to use it, so that I can "globally" leave out hosts from
the check for all instances of "verify = helo". But I may change my mind...

- T