Re: [exim] Yahoo & hotmail, bulk email problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mike Cardwell
A: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [exim] Yahoo & hotmail, bulk email problem
John Robinson wrote:

>>> One thing I have noticed though is the helo your server is sending is:
>>> "localhost.localdomain"
>> No it doesn't.

Yes it does:

by mailhub.webstarts.com with esmtp (Exim 4.67)
(envelope-from <majid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>)
id 1I8qhm-0003zA-RI
for majidkhan59@xxxxxxxxxxx; Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:55:24 -0700

There is the server at 209.19.64.141 sending a helo of
localhost.localdomain to mailhub.webstarts.com.

>> I verified this by asking Majid to send me an email direct. It HELO's as
>> mailhub.webstarts.com just fine.

You incorrectly assumed I was talking about the last hop.

> I think the web server is calling itself localhost.localdomain when it
> says HELO to mailhub.webstarts.com. Whether this would be enough to
> upset Yahoo etc. (because it will appear in mailhub's Received: header)
> I've no idea, but I wouldn't have thought so.

Hence the "Clutching at straws now" comment I made. Rather than
guessing, why not do the actual test I suggested.

This is getting outside the realms of exim now so I wont be contributing
further.

Mike