Re: [exim] Filtering on envelope..?

Autor: John Robinson
A: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Filtering on envelope..?
In fact, isn't this a bug in that it makes the sieve envelope test
useless? If I have a stock config[1], and my account is called john, and
an entry root:john in the aliases file, and the following in my .forward:
   if envelope :localpart :is "To" "root" {
     fileinto "root";
   }
it won't work because the local-part is john by the time the filter
runs, and the test ought to be running on the original envelope?

Cheers,

John.

[1] OK not quite stock, you need to add a line to the address_file
transport to set file from $address_file, and uncomment allow_filter in
the userforward router.