Re: [exim] Greylisting - using Exim new features - ratelimit…

Autor: Marc Perkel
A: Richard Clayton
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Greylisting - using Exim new features - ratelimit with noupdate

Richard Clayton wrote:

>> What I also want to do is have several fake higher IPs that always
>> return defer but count as penalty events wiping out the good karma data
>> and making the IP start over.
>>

> So whenever there is a route flap you penalise everyone... ah well, it's
> your email, your decisions :(

Actually one of my tricks is that I test to see if a whitelisted IP
touches one of the higher MX records, which would indicate a problem,
and if that happens it shuts down all counters for 5 minutes to minimize
the effect of something going wrong.