Re: [exim] Sender callout verification with warning only

Autor: Toralf Lund
A: Exim Mailing List
Assumptes nous: [exim] Don't be rude to people asking questions
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Sender callout verification with warning only

> <snip discussion>
>
> Wearing my moderator's hat, can I please ask that we don't discuss this
> particular subject any further?
>
> The topic of whether or not sender callouts to arbitrary senders are
> good or evil has been done to death several times on this list. [ ... ]

Yes. You are absolutely right. Sorry. I shouldn't have started arguing.
I get a bit upset when the response I get to a technical question is
"you don't want to do that" - and nothing more. (Replies saying "you
should note that some discourage the functionality you are asking about,
but if you really have to use it, here is what you do..." is a
completely different matter.) But that's no excuse, really.

- T